Electric Counterbalance Forklift Trucks
Heli offer a full range of lithium-ion and lead counterbalance acid forklifts ranging from 1-10 tonnes including warehouse equipment. Safety, design, and comprehensive tests ensure Heli lithium-ion forklift meet EU electrical, mechanical, chemical, and functional safety requirements.
Let’s look at some of the benefits of powering your fleet with state-of-the-art lithium battery technology. It’s important to remember that each company will have its own unique benefits of using lithium-ion depending on your specific application.
At Grant Handling we believe in customer choice. We will always suggest the right truck for your application whether that’s the latest in lithium-ion technology or the traditional gas and diesel forklift, we won’t ever persuade you to buy a certain truck – we want what is best for you.
All our electric forklifts are available with side shifts and or other forklift attachments.
All our 4-wheel electric forklifts have 3 different speed modes to handle a variety of application types.
- S is Slow/ Energy Efficient Mode
- E is Economical Mode (Standard)
- P is Performance mode – For lifting heavier modes, climbing steep inclines
Lower Cost & Better for the Environment
Lithium-ion batteries are more efficient than Lead acid (where lead acid burns 45-50% of its energy in heat, Lithium-ion only loses 10-15%) and it has a longer life span. But there are many other factors that contribute to lower costs such as less time spent changing and charging batteries, no dedicated battery rooms required, faster charging times and lower maintenance just to name a few.
And most importantly lower noise pollution and zero emissions, making it a better solution for the environment.
Lithium-ion batteries can be opportunity charged while staff are having a 15-minute tea break or during lunchtime for a quick 30 minutes. Wall plugs can be placed at convenient spots around the factory making it easier to get a short boost in whenever convenient compared to eight hours of charging a lead acid battery, not to mention the cool down time required.
Batteries are completely sealed, therefore there is no risk of acid spills or corrosion. There is little to no chance of over-charging and over-heating due the sophisticated BMS which tracks cell temperatures to ensure they remain in safe operating ranges so there is no risk to operators and staff.
Advantages of Lithium Ion
- Environment-Friendly – Zero emission, low noise, free of heavy metals
- Low Maintenance – No need of daily maintenance, fluid addition and dust prevention
- Highly Efficient, Energy Saving – More than 95% energy conversion rate
- Flexible Charging – Quickly recharge the battery and extend the working time
- Long Service Life – Over 75% capacity reserved after 4000 charge-discharge cycles
- Superior Performance in Low Temperatures – Working in low temperature between -25℃ to 0℃
- Highly Safe – Sealed battery prevents acid spills or corrosion. No chance of overcharging or overheating
Heli Intelligent Battery Management Systems
All Heli Lithium-ion forklift comes standard with an Intelligent Battery Management System for your driver’s safety.
Features of the Heli Intelligent Battery Management Systems
- Powers off automatically
- Over-voltage protection
- Module overheating protection
- Short circuit protection and safeguarding
- Interlocked design of charge and discharge.
- Under-voltage and excess-temperature protection and alarm
- BMS self-protection when charged in low temperatures – when the battery temperature goes below 5 ° C, the power system automatically turns on the heating function
- Perfect fault self-test function
- Low battery protection
Better for Environment and Health
The problem with fuel-based forklift is that they have high emissions, and that is bad for both the environment and the health of staff working around it. On the other hand, electric forklifts produce no emissions at all, and that is what makes them so great. No carbon emissions mean that you won’t be polluting the air inside the warehouse or around the construction site, and you won’t be contributing towards environmental health as well. They also don’t head up too much, which means you won’t be needing extra air conditioning. You can create a safe environment for your workers just by opting for an electrical forklift.
Reduces Noise the Workplace
Anything that runs on fuel makes a lot of noise when they are on, and the story is no different for forklifts. Going with an electric forklift will help you clear all that noise as well. That way, your workers will be able to focus better and will stay active all day. Too much noise in the workplace can cause headaches, and it can damage hearing as well. With an electrical forklift, the only noise you will hear will be the moving tires or the alarms.
Less Operating Costs
The operating costs of electrical forklifts are significantly low because you won’t have to purchase LPG or Diesel to run it. LPG and Diesel aren’t cheap, and you will be spending money on them every other day to operate your forklift. Electricity, on the other hand, is much cheaper than both LPG and Diesel, and it is easily available as well. They also don’t require as much maintenance because they have fewer parts, and you don’t have to replace the engine oil or coolants as frequently. This makes electrical forklifts more affordable and reliable.
One of the major reasons to choose an electrical forklift is that it provides you with much better performance. They are made with the latest technology and have advanced functionality that provides you better control. The LPG or Diesel based forklifts take much more fuel to lift heavy objects, and the power control and drivability are not that good. Also, electrical forklifts can be used indoors without polluting the environment, which is great if you are purchasing one for you warehouse.
What Happens during Batter Recycling?
Nearly 100% of the lead-acid batteries used on forklifts can be recycles. Usually, the battery is separated into its component parts and most of these pieces will go into a melting vat, where the lead and other heavy metals will sink to the bottom and the melted plastic will rise to the top.
Acid from the batteries can be safely naturalized and turned into water, or converted into sodium sulphate, a powder that’s widely used to make laundry detergent, glass, and fabrics.
The plastic pieces will be reused as plastic pellets which can be used to make new battery cases. Lead is melted together in melting furnaces then poured into ingot moulds. Battery makers will then use these lead moulds in the production of new batteries.
Advantages of Lead Acid
- Low cost – Affordable, minimal operating costs and low maintenance costs
- Recyclable – Nearly 100% of the lead acid battery can be recycled, making it ideal for the environment
- Better for the Workplace – Zero emissions and a quieter truck will be better for your employees’ health
- Long Service Life – All the batteries come with a 5-year warranty minimum
- Excellent Performance – Electric forklifts have advanced functionality providing better control